(serves 8-10 people)
Sweet Potatoes 5 lb.
Brown Sugar ½ Cup
Butter, melted 3 oz
Granola 2 Cups
Pecan Bits 2 Cups
Mini Marshmellows as needed
Sea Salt as needed
1. In oven, roast sweet potatoes at 325 degrees until soft. (approx 45 minutes)
2. Let potatoes cool slightly, then remove innards from sweet potatoes and discard skins.
3. In kitchen aid, whisk with a light amount of sea salt (for desired flavor) until smooth.
4. For topping, melt butter and combine in separate mixing bowl with granola, pecan bits and brown sugar.
5. With a rubber spatula, mix in ½ cup of topping mix into the sweet potato puree with about 1 cup of mini marshmellows.
6. Portion into casserole dishes and top with more of the topping mix and about 6 marshmellows.
7. Cook at 350 for 12-14 minutes, or until hot, garnish with sliced scallions or chives, and enjoy. Be careful, it can get very hot.
Recipe Courtesy of: