1 Bag Petite Steamers (24oz)
1T Olive Oil
1 Medium Sweet Onion (sliced thin)
¼ cup Maple Sugar (or ½ cup Maple Syrup)
1t Fresh Ground Black Pepper (plus additional to taste)
2t Kosher Salt (plus additional to taste)
- Place Petite Steamers bag seam side up on microwavable plate. DO NOT cut or puncture bag. Package will inflate and may make hissing and popping noises.
- Microwave on HIGH for 8 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes after cooking.
- Heat oil and butter in small sauté pan over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, sugar (or syrup), salt, and pepper.
- Sauté until onion is golden brown (2-3 minutes), add some water a little at a time if pan becomes dry. Set aside.
- Cut open Petite Steamers bag (Be careful, Sweet Potatoes will be hot). Peel sweet potatoes and mash to desired consistency.
- Fold-in onion mixture and enjoy!
(If you’d like to make this dish a little spicier add some red pepper flakes to taste)