(Original recipe courtesy of yummly.com)
1 Bag Petite Steamers (24oz)
3 cups AP Flour
7t Baking powder
1t fresh ground nutmeg
4 beaten eggs
3 cups milk
½ cup melted butter
1. Place Petite Steamers bag seam side up on microwavable plate. DO NOT cut or puncture bag. Package will inflate and may make hissing and popping noises.
2. Microwave on HIGH for 8 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes after cooking.
3. Cut open Petite Steamers bag (Be careful, Sweet Potatoes will be hot). Peel and mash sweet potatoes.
4. In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg. Mix mashed sweet potatoes, eggs, milk and butter in a separate medium bowl. Blend sweet potato mixture into the flour mixture to form a batter.
5. Preheat a lightly greased griddle over medium-high heat. Drop batter mixture onto the prepared griddle by heaping tablespoonfuls, and cook until golden brown, turning once with a spatula when the surface begins to bubble.
6. Serve with syrup, fresh fruit, and/or toasted pecans and enjoy!