(Original recipe courtesy of yummly.com)
1 Bag Petite Steamers (24oz)
8oz cream cheese, softened
4 green onion, chopped
1t chili powder
1t ground cumin
1t dried oregano
½t freshly ground black pepper
½ cup vegetable oil, for frying
12 corn tortillas, 7 inch
19oz enchilada sauce
8oz shredded Monterey jack cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C), and grease a 13x9 inch baking dish.
2. Place Petite Steamers bag seam side up on microwavable plate. DO NOT cut or puncture bag. Package will inflate and may make hissing and popping noises.
3. Microwave on HIGH for 8 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes after cooking.
4. Cut open Petite Steamers bag (Be careful, Sweet Potatoes will be hot). Peel and mash sweet potatoes with the cream cheese, green onions, chili powder, cumin, oregano, salt, and pepper until well mixed.
5. Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-low heat, and fry the tortillas, one at a time, for about 30 seconds per side. Remove the tortillas with tongs, and drain on paper towels.
6. Place about 1/3 cup of sweet potato filling down the center of each tortilla, roll it up, and place filled tortillas seam side down in the prepared baking dish. Pour enchilada sauce over the tortillas, and sprinkle with Monterey Jack cheese.
7. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 30 minutes, until the enchiladas are bubbling and the cheese is beginning to brown.