(Original Recipe courtesy of yummly.com)
1 ¼ cup graham cracker crumbs
¼ cup white sugar
¼ cup melted butter
1 Bag Petite Steamers (24oz)
24oz cream cheese, softened
7/8 cup white sugar
1/3 cup sour cream
¼ cup heavy whipping cream
¾ cup brown sugar, packed
¼ cup butter1 cup pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C ). Mix together graham cracker crumbs, 1/4 cup sugar, and 1/4 cup melted butter or margarine. Press mixture into the bottom of a 9 1/2 inch springform pan. Bake 10 minutes. Cool. Don't turn the oven off.
- Place Petite Steamers bag seam side up on microwavable plate. DO NOT cut or puncture bag. Package will inflate and may make hissing and popping noises.
- Microwave on HIGH for 8 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes after cooking.
- Cut open Petite Steamers bag (Be careful, Sweet Potatoes will be hot). Peel and puree sweet potatoes.
- Transfer 1 1/2 cups of sweet potato puree to a large bowl. Add cream cheese, 3/4 cup + 2 tablespoons white sugar, sour cream and 1/4 cup cream; beat until smooth. Beat in eggs one at a time, blending well after each. Pour filling into crust.
- Bake until tester inserted in center comes out clean, 1 hour. Turn off the oven. Let cake stand 1 hour in oven with door ajar.
- Combine brown sugar and 1/4 cup butter or margarine in a heavy small saucepan. Stir over low heat until sugar dissolves. Increase heat, and bring to a boil. Mix in 1/4 cup cream, then nuts. Pour hot topping over cheesecake. Refrigerate.