Recipe Courtesy of: www.wellnessroadtrip.com
· 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch dice
· Extra-virgin olive oil
· Sea salt
· 1 large onion, cut in 1/2-inch dice
· 2 Granny Smith apples, cored and cut into 1/2-inch dice
· 2 scallions, white and green parts separated and thinly sliced
· 1/2 cup green pumpkin seeds (pepitas), pecans or walnuts toasted
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
In a large bowl, add the sweet potatoes, apples and onions, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt, to taste. Toss to coat and arrange them on a baking sheet. Roast for ten minutes and then stir with a metal spatula. Continue roasting another 10 minutes until they are soft but not mushy. Remove from the oven. Toss with another 1 Tbs. of olive oil, add the nuts, and additional salt if needed.