Sweet potatoes: The Healthiest Vegetable Around.
Four ounces of the cooked delicious pulp supplies 2 grams of protein, 3.4 grams of fiber, 24.6 mg of vitamin C, 28 mg of calcium, 22.6 mcg of folic acid, 20 mg of magnesium, 348 mg of potassium, and a whopping 21822 I.U. of vitamin A.
What it all means is: it would take 16 cups of broccoli to provide the same amount of nutrients! Super impressive for only a half cup of this delicious vegetable, right?
There is more:
- Sweet potatoes have an enzyme called beta-carotene. Beta-carotene is good for your eyes! If you eat the skin, it is 4 times better than a carrot!)
- Sweet potatoes have a lot of vitamin E. Vitamin E protects the body from dangers in the environment, like colds, and they are fat free, so they are healthy!)
- Sweet potatoes are loaded with vitamin A, which is great for a glowing complexion!
- Sweet potatoes have a lot of nutrients, which are good for you body, such as vitamin B6, potassium, and iron which your body needs to help you grow strong.
- Sweet potatoes are a good source of dietary fiber which helps to promote a healthy digestive tract.
- Sweet potatoes have a lot of fiber! More than oatmeal!
- Sweet potatoes are cholesterol-free!! That means that they won't clog your heart!
- A medium sweet potato has just 118 calories. It is a healthy choice.
Bonus Alert: The skin of a sweet potato is completely edible and way tasty. It adds even more good-for-you fiber. Fiber is found in veggies which helps clean out your digestive system and keep it healthy!